We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
We do not think about it in advance, and later we are afraid to speak: the post-natal physical and mental distress of the mother and the resulting depression are still a taboo subject.The excitement of being pregnant with pregnancy and having a baby are usually one of the most beautiful things in our lives. In designing, we don't really care about the fact that the mummy smile of moms holding their babies on their bunny arms is not the most typical thing on our weekdays.
The silence will ceaseHowever, the existence of postpartum depression is unquestionable and often leads to tragic life situations. Some countries (eg USA, England, the Netherlands) have noticed that "ostrich politics" is not successful: besides the diseases of our age, postnatal depression is also a problem that needs to be prevented and addressed. A growing number of books and information brochures are also published in German language areas, and special institutions dealing with the affected are also being created.
During the first week after birth, Baby-Blues is an upright mood feature for mothers, characterized by extreme sensitivity, depression, and frequent drooling. The primary cause is the drastic hormonal changes that occur during childbirth. He does not require medical attention, but it is important that the hospital staff and their relatives are well aware of the situation.
Postpartum depression affects mothers by 10-20 percent, and - regardless of name - not only immediately after birth, but can be delayed up to several months. Therefore, some professionals unfortunately do not recognize the distinction between "classic" depressed currency.
Symptoms of the disease, from fatigue to intractable and intrusive, can, in severe cases, manifest themselves in aggression or suicidal thoughts.
Postpartum psychosis is the most severe form, fortunately rare. Signs of sudden personality change, complete loss of realities, hallucinations, reverberations in the weeks following birth. Since this can be an immediate risk to the life of the mother and the child, there is no need for hospital treatment.
The essence is prevention
After many attempts, he finally managed to convince the sickness insurer of the need for such an institution. Casa Florina is housed in a special edition of the Oyster Town Hall. They can accommodate 4-5 mothers at a time, who have a shower, a kitchen, a spacious room with their children, as well as a lounge, a common kitchen, and a dining room.
- It is important that the main goal of Casa Florina is prevention. Mothers can get help right from the early stages of the disease. During the 3 to 4 weeks spent here, professionals receive the physical and mental support they need to avoid becoming a "psychiatric case". Another significant benefit is that they can bring their children, which is usually not possible in the psychiatric ward. However, this would be very important, not least because it does not develop a sense of guilt over the "neglect" of the child during this time, but also aims to solve the weekly problems of the baby in overcoming the disease. It is also easier for mothers to realize that they do not have to go to a psychiatric class, as unfortunately they often result in stigma.
The partner also participates
- First, we will clarify whether the Casa Florina program is suitable for a referral to the city. This has only happened twice in three years. First, everyone is examined by a psychiatrist who also decides whether or not they need medication. If possible, we try to avoid this by using natural homeopathic remedies. There are three meetings a week between the mother and the nurse; at the very least, the hubby or partner must also participate. Partner involvement is very important in achieving a positive result. They need to be explained what happens, what reasons led them here, and how they can help. Unfortunately, often the environment chooses the worst possible method, such as "take it a little bit!" felszуlнtбssal. This boosts the mother's awareness and reduces her confidence, as she is less able to bear the burden than others. Because in more severe cases, children are also affected by the condition of their mothers, so we also deal with them. We are a great success when the baby starts laughing after a week ... It is also our task to organize the assistance after the return home, for example in the form of a babysitter or a bécsier.
Unfulfilled expectations- What do you think is particularly important in terms of prevention?
- The most important thing would be information. The parenting classes should talk about the patient group so that if they touch their mothers, they will not be killed personally or ask for help. It would be necessary for those who are officially in contact with mothers - nurses, nurses, nursing counselors, pediatricians - to be aware of the signs of the disease and to take them seriously.
- Based on your many years of experience, could you prioritize the causes?
- In every case, several factors are caused by the interaction of the disease. What plays almost everyone's role is to cope with social expectations. It seems natural to have a professional career, a clean home, an attractive outlook, and besides that, a balanced, happy mother on the side of a child is almost considered as decoration. We live in a performance-driven world where everything suggests that we need to be perfect - even in the face of momentary exhaustion and despair. Anyone who does not hide his or her hardships can surely get out of the socially accepted "good mother" category.
It is not out of the question that babysitters or babysitters should now be promoted to mothers with unshaven eyes. It should simply be said that no one can perfectly match the truth about being so "mother-in-law - always happy". This straightforwardness would help many mothers to withstand difficult days and prevent bigger problems from being hidden.